Wednesday 31 August 2016

Champion of Khorne WIP

It's been a long, long time since I bought a copy of White Dwarf. Well before the End Times and the destruction of the Warhammer Fantasy world, which was my main interest, I had given up on the magazine. The hobby content withered and so did my interest. I think the last I got was one of the big anniversary editions, either issue 300 or 30 years of Warhammer or something like that.

However, with the return to a monthly format and the promise of a free figure to mark the event, I took out a three month subscription (or as I like to think, a three month probation). I wanted to be sure I did not miss out and I don't live near to a shop - it may be available in newsagents but I couldn't take the chance. At a rate of £4 per issue it's a reasonable gamble. I am still leafing through the first issue so will come back to that in another post.

The cover mounted champion is a lovely figure. I will eventually use mine to lead a unit of marauders, but for the time being he is a lone champion, which is quite fitting as he has probably slaughtered his tribe to prove his worth - you know how aggressive these Khorne guys can be! He's a big 'un, just short of ogre height I would say. It's a tight squeeze to fit on a traditional square 25mm base. I chopped down the skull under his rear foot, it's now a rock. I also removed the skull impaled in his left shoulder as I felt it drew attention away from the head - it's now resting on the rock that used to be a skull, somewhat ironically perhaps. My aim is to get it painted as part of my September pledge, along with a dwarf champion.

2 comments:

Lasgunpacker said...

Looking forward to getting this issue myself, although it is more costly here at ~£6.90. Wish GW would just stick with the real conversion rate. Either way, a great "free" figure, which I expect to add to my Bloodreaver Marauders.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Looking great! Waiting for more!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...