Saturday 8 August 2015

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut

Here's another model that I started several years ago, then languished, then finally I got finished. It's been in my collection for about 5 years, I made a half-hearted attempt some years ago but then fantasy gaming waned and it was put to one side. I spent a little time over the weekend repainting the metals, the reds and adding the details. It gave me an insight into how to tackle the upcoming Chosen unit.

I am pretty happy with the brass/gold areas, but I think I overworked the red armour. I should have stuck to my usual mantra - keep it simple. A base colour, a wash or glaze or two is usually sufficient to get a decent finish. By the time I had messed up the red armour I just wanted it done, I could go back and work the fleshy bits of the jugger but it hardly seems worth the effort.

The Khorne Lord has a reasonable contingent of followers already painted, including ogres, marauders, chaos warriors, and more ogres. The contents of the AOS box will add a unit of Chosen and another unit of marauders. The large beast thing will be converted into a daemon. Searching through my bits I do also have some metal bloodletters that would be nice to add to the army. Anything that causes lots of damage in combat is a candidate to join the warband, hence the troops generally being armed either with two weapons or a great weapon (though I slipped up when arming the Lord, for some reason he has a shield). I really hope I can maintain enthusiasm to complete the AOS items before I move on to another project.


2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

My word, that's seriously impassive.

Matt Crump said...

Nice always wanted one of those.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...