Friday 16 September 2016

Champion of Khorne WIP 2

A little progress report on the chaos champion. I am off on holiday for a week and when I get back I will have forgotten what I did, so this should be useful to me, if nobody else! Over the white primer I applied a very thin coat, pretty much a glaze really, of the pale flesh - this is my own mix. Then I stippled on some beige brown, for a little texture. While that was drying I painted the loin cloth with tan earth and the boots a watered down negro. By now the flesh had dried so I glazed in some watered down negro in the deeper creases, and also in the loin cloth folds. First session over, about half an hour or so.

More work on the skin, glazing horse chestnut into the muscle shadow areas and around any scars, spikey bits and the like. I put in a fairly solid line down a crease, then dampen the brush and draw out towards the higher area for a basic feathering/blending effect. It's not expertly done by any means, but there's still more to come and I can tidy up any mess in a later stage. I also glazed the chestnut into the loin cloth as I had a little bit left on the palette so thought -why not? Then I added a simple highlight on the loin using desert yellow, or dessert if you read the label - it does have a custard hue to it!

That's it for at least a week, but I am reasonably hopeful of completing the figure for the end of the month. I want to get a good result on this figure as he is to be Vorghan the Slayer, leader of my chaos warband in an upcoming campaign. More on that in a future post.

1 comment:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Great! Waiting for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...