Sunday 1 June 2014

High Elf Archers

The first unit for my new High Elf army! I am really pleased with the way it worked out. High Elves are probably the most finely detailed of figures to paint, all those intricacies can mean you never seem to get them finished. So I was pretty happy to get them to this stage in a reasonable time. They are the most time consuming of my armies to paint, offset to a degree by their smaller numbers.

There are parts on these models that I could do more with. The gems are not painted, I am treating them as ornate metal work - I will probably add gems just to the characters. The robes are pure white, no decorations, again something that may change on heroes and mages. There are plenty of other areas that could get more attention, but I am happy with this standard and want to press on. Next on my list of things to paint is Lothern Sea Guard, but these present a fresh (and scary) challenge of freehand shields and banner, so I might take a safer route and switch to glade riders. I have a few weeks to decide as I will be alternating between this and my chaos army, continually sweating over all these tiny details would drive me over the edge. Big, simple chaos for a while, then back to the delicate ones, that's my short term plan.

3 comments:

Stygianheart said...

They look great. That's going to be quite an impressive force to see upon the table :)

Nord said...

Thanks, it should be ready in about five years!

SpaceCowboy said...

Great looking minis as ever! Im sure you already have gotten this but, I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for an Liebster Award! http://diceandbrush.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...