Wednesday 21 September 2011

Dwarf Rangers Painted

The dwarf rangers are just about finished. A few of the models will be given shields at some stage, but I am putting that on hold for a while as I re-consider the shields and banners across the whole army.

These were speed painted, most of the colours are a base coat and a wash or couple of glazes. It gives a reasonable finish that is quick to achieve. I have kept the colours fairly muted as I wanted them to look a little travel worn. I have included a few fifth edition arms to add a little variety to the poses. There's also a couple of conversions in the unit, weapons slung over shoulder, or a sneaky pull on a pint, that kind of thing.

I am happy to put the dwarfs aside for the time being. At the start of the summer I didn't really have a project in mind, when the release of the Avatars of War berserkers spurred me into some beardy action (I will be posting pictures of those models tomorrow). Now that I have added two units to my dwarf army and brought it up to about 2500 points painted, I feel like I am in a strong position for when the next dwarf army book is released. If some of the rumour mongers are to be believed, it won't be long before we get to some new beardy action.

4 comments:

Mr Saturday said...

That's a really nice looking unit, I like our colour choices. Nice basing on the move tray too.

TWD said...

Oh, I like them.
Must get on with mine at some point...
TWD

Laughing Ferret said...

Muted colors favor the dwarves. They look quite nice!

PsychosisPC said...

Nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...